We provide this privacy statement explaining our online information practices, so that you can decide whether and how to interact with the Site and the Services.
We may release your information when we deem it appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Full Name Of Legal Entity: PILLAR4 MEDIA LLC
Email Address: m a t t r e s s c l a r i t y @ g m a i l . c o m
Postal Address: 201 W 5th St. #1100, Austin, TX, 78701
Contact Data and Other Identifiable Information
This site collects certain user information, which may include a username and password, contact information, or any other data that you type in to the site. It may also identify your IP address to help identify you on future visits to the site. At our discretion, the Site may use this data to:
- Personalize the user experience and/or customer service
- Improve the site
- To process transactions
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature or function
- Send email to users
- Inquiries (If you send us a comment or question or make an inquiry to customer support, we will retain the information that you provide to us for the purpose of responding to you, as well as for improving the Services and our customers’ use of our services.)
- Web logs (We maintain web logs that automatically record basic information about everyone who visits the Services. We use web log information to help us design our website, to identify popular features, to improve our services, and for other managerial and analytic purposes. We may also use web logs to help identify any person who may be misusing the Services. These logs contain: The Internet domain from which you access the Services, your IP address, the type of browser and operating system that you use, the date and time you visited the Services, the pages that you visited on the Services, the address of the website you linked from to get to the Services)
Sharing User Data
The site may share user data with third parties that help the site owner operate and manage the site, are the site owner’s advertisers and marketing partners, buy or rent data for purposes not limited to operating this site.
The site will only share such user data with these third parties in the aggregate, using collected data reporting on user activity and data that the site collects, but not identifying individual users. Information limited to or identifying individual site users will not be shared.
Californians also retain the right to request deletion of their personal data. To request data deletion under CCPA, please fill out this form.
As specified in the California Consumer Protection Act, Californians retain the right to “opt out” of the sale of their personal data. If you choose to exercise your rights under CCPA and (1) request the deletion of your personal data from our site or (2) restrict our use of any or all of your personal data under the CCPA “right to opt-out,” you will receive the same quality of goods or services from MattressClarity.com. You will also not be denied access to goods or services or be charged a different price for goods or services from MattressClarity.com if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Data Subject Rights
If you are situated in the EU, under GDPR, as a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed and provides access to such personal data. It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her personal data, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal data about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure”. It is an individual’s right to have personal data erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal data from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order for you to assert these rights, we may need to verify your identity to confirm your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In order to verify your identity, we may need to gather more personal data from you than we currently have.
Mobile Device Privacy
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile deivce, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
Protection of user information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you share with the site.
We use Google as an advertising services provider for the Site. Users may opt out of Google’s use of the DART use-tracking cookie by visiting the Google advertising Policies & Principles page. If you opt out of ad tailoring, you will still see ads, but they will not be based on your browsing history, and they may appear in other languages.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the Site may not operate properly.
Usernames, Passwords, and Profiles
If prompted, Users must provide a valid email address to the Site, at which the User can receive messages. User must also update the Site if that email address changes. The Site reserves the right to terminate any User account if a valid email is requested but is not provided by the User.
If the Site prompts or allows a User to create a username or profile, Users agree not to pick a username or provide any profile information that would impersonate someone or that is likely to cause confusion with any other person or entity. The Site reserves the right to cancel a User account or change a username or profile data at any time. Similarly, if the Site prompts or allows a User to create an avatar or upload a picture, User agrees not to use any image that impersonates some other person or entity, or that is otherwise likely to cause confusion.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password for the Site, and you agree not to disclose it to any third party. We recommend that you use a password that is more than eight characters long. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether or not you authorized it. You agree to inform us of unauthorized use of your account, by email to email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your interactions the Site, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection, virtual private network, or other appropriate measures.
We are based in Austin, TX and you are contracting to use our Site. This Policy and all matters arising from your use of the Site are governed by and will be construed according to the laws of Austin, TX, without regard to any choice of laws rules of any jurisdiction. The federal courts and state courts that have geographical jurisdiction over disputes arising at our office location in Austin, TX will be the only permissible venues for any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy or the Site and Service.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Browser notifications are managed by a third party software. If you have opted in for browser notifications (pop-up on your device when an article is published), you may opt out of these by following the general instructions below. Note these instructions may vary between browser versions and devices:
In Chrome, navigate to Settings, then navigate to Advanced. Select Content Settings under Privacy and Security. Select Notifications, where you can manage specific site notifications under “Block” and “Allow”. If you would like to turn off notifications for the Site, select the Site’s listing, then check “Block.”
In Firefox, navigate to the menu and select Options. Navigate to Privacy & Security. Navigate to Permissions and then click Notifications Settings, where you can turn off notifications for individual sites.
In Safari, navigate to Preferences, then Websites and then Notifications, where you can pick which sites are able to send you notifications.
On Android Mobile Devices, open the Chrome browser and navigate to Menu, then navigate to Settings. Navigate to Site Settings and then Notifications, where you can determine which sites you’d like to allow notifications for. On the following screen, select clear & reset, then click your preferred options.
How We Use Your Information
Here is how we may use your information and data:
Communicating with You. We may use information that we collect from you for the purpose of communicating with you and responding to your inquiries. Those communications could, for example, take the form of service updates, promotions for products or services that we or one of our marketing partners provide, or e-newsletters.
Service Providers: We at times contract with third party service providers to perform functions for us. These service providers may be given access to the information we collect for the purpose of performing those functions, but they will be contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of the information and not to use it for any other purpose.
Business Transfers: If we were to transfer all or substantially all of our assets to another company, one of the assets we would likely include in the transfer is our database of Personal Information.
Disclosures for Legal Reasons: We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request or when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to protect our legal rights or to safeguard anyone’s property or safety.
How We Share Information And Why
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
* Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
* Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
* Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
* Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
* With third party advertising platforms so that we can create marketing campaign advertising (e.g. using your email address to create a Facebook targeting audience).
* When you participate in interactive area of our website, service, and products, and your information may be displayed to other users: such information may include, your name, photo, the comment, and other information you chose to provide at the time of submission. In the case of Surveys, we will never share personally identifiable information without express consent.
* In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
* If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
* Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
* With your consent or at your direction.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please address them to email@example.com or to the below address:
Attention: Mattress Clarity
201 W 5th Street #1100 STE 49
Austin, TX, 78701
These terms were last updated on March 22nd, 2019